Woodland Experiences Guidance for Visitors (Covid Resilience Statement)
“WE” refers to Woodland Experiences Ltd and Santa’s Woodland Experience.
With the arrival of the new Omicron variant, the Scottish Government have instructed that businesses should strengthen compliance with current protection measures and make an extra effort to do so from now through the festive period and beyond.
Woodland Experiences Ltd considers the safety of guests and staff to be of paramount importance and has taken appropriate measures to mitigate risks as far as is reasonably practicable.
We have given careful consideration to how we can continue to operate safely, given the current situation and have decided that we can carry on, but we will be reviewing the situation in light of Government advice on a daily basis. Should we have to make the regrettable decision to close at any point, we will endeavour to give as much notice as possible in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions.
We have reviewed our Operational Covid Risk Assessment and have made further changes to maintain a safe space for our staff and our visitors. Our plan for Santa 2021 was to run as close to ‘normal’ as possible, however we have had to make the following adjustments to counteract the challenging circumstances we now find ourselves in.
- Regrettably the “bouncy Tractor” (our bouncy castle in the shed) will no longer be operating due to the Covid risk and the difficulty in wiping it down between users. The attraction also presented a challenge in terms of queuing and controlling physical distancing.
- Our face painting station will continue to operate but will relocate to the space previously occupied by the “bouncy tractor” this will allow for better queuing and the maintaining of safe physical distances between customers.
- . The visit to Santa’s Cabin has been altered to reduce the risk of virus transmission amongst guests. All children will be allowed to enter the cabin as normal but adults will have the option to remain outside until they are brought forward in smaller groups to see their child/ren get their gift from Santa and choose their unwrapped gift. The door to the cabin will remain open at all times allowing parents/guardians full view of their children. Please dress for the weather and wrap up warm. We will also try to limit the time spent indoors to a minimum and do more of the experience outdoors as weather permits.
- The Scottish Government has legislated that face coverings are mandatory in indoor public places, indoor communal spaces including retail, restaurants, cafes, bars and public houses, all adults visiting the WE should wear a face covering at all times when indoors or in enclosed spaces unless you qualify for an exemption .
- We will provide hand sanitiser on site and will be sanitising Santa’s cabin in between each visit using an automatic fogging system. Additional “cleaning elves” have been deployed throughout the attraction to carry out additional cleaning of touch points.
- Guests should comply with all signage and instructions relating to queuing and maintaining physical distancing measures. Screens and barriers will be in use.
- For your safety and the safety of other guests and staff please take a Lateral Flow Test before visiting Santa at the Woodland Experience. Should you have a positive test result we would urge you to follow NHS guidelines and to also let us know as soon as possible. If you must cancel your visit due to contracting Covid 19 or having to isolate, the Woodland Experience will consider a discretionary transfer of your booking to next year 2022. To do this, we will require a copy of your NHS notification confirming that you or a named person in your party has Covid 19 or is having to isolate.
- We ask all visitors to arrive at least 20 minutes in advance of their booking slot to allow for check in. Please be prepared to wait in a physically distanced queue whilst your booking is processed. Please bear this in mind when planning your journey and leave plenty of time. Should you arrive less than 10 minutes ahead of your booked slot WE reserve the right to move your booking if required (we do this only when we have to). Should you arrive after your booked slot we will do our very best to accommodate you but please be aware that this may not be possible and you will may forfeit your booking.
- If it becomes necessary due to the risk of overcrowding, we may from time to time have to limit the time spent enjoying attractions after your booked slot. If we have to do this, we will let you know discretely so as not to spoil the magic. It may be by a Tannoy message from Santa wishing everyone who visited before 1pm for example a safe onward journey. We would be grateful if you could follow this direction.
- We will not share your personal information for marketing or any other purposes without your consent (as part of the booking process or otherwise) unless required by law, including for NHS contact tracing purposes.
- WE will share your information with 3rd parties only if you have given consent for us to do so.
- We will always respect your privacy and any personal communication between you and ourselves. We will always comply with United Kingdom data protection legislation.
If you require any additional information then please contact WE Customer Services using the details set out below, quoting the order number you were given at the time of purchasing your tickets (if applicable), and we’ll see what we can do to help.
Prices for 2021